The EPA’s Stop Food Waste Campaign is encouraging consumers to take the Stop Food Waste Challenge. Here are some tips on how to reduce your food waste:
1. Check your fridge and cupboards and make a list before you go shopping.
2. Try and stick to your list, don’t go shopping when you are hungry and avoid buy one get one free offers.
3. 3. When you get home, make sure you put everything in the right storage conditions. Salads and celery actually do better in a vase like flowers than in a fridge.
4. Check what you can freeze — chillis, ginger and many herbs are great to freeze, they last much longer and can be used straight from the freezer.
5. Be creative — use your leftovers! At the end of the week, check your fridge and be creative. From a pasta surprise dish to random soups, sometimes leftovers are the tastiest!